Ever Wonder If Your Symptoms Stem From Your Gut?
Digestive problems can cause several symptoms. Most people have suffered from some sort of gastrointestinal dysfunction such as diarrhea, constipation, reflux, bloating, excess gas, sensitivities to foods, and many more. Health concerns of any kind can be rooted in the gut, however.
Digestive tracts that are not functioning right can lead to a variety of health issues, including:
- Food sensitivities
- Autoimmune conditions
- Chronic fatigue
- Weight changes
- Difficulty sleeping
Causes of Gastrointestinal Related Issues
Some of the main causes of gastrointestinal-related health conditions include the use of NSAID’s (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), antibiotics, certain medications, a diet high in simple carbohydrates and processed foods and low in whole foods, and chronic diarrhea or constipation. These are insults to the gastrointestinal lining, and they create permeability and inflammation.
Having a healthy gastrointestinal tract is ideal for optimal health. Each person has some degree of gastrointestinal permeability, so anyone can consider a plan to improve gut health.
Improve Your Gut Feelings
Here are some options to consider when creating a plan to support optimal gastrointestinal function:
- Avoid the foods you know you react to along with medications that can affect the gastrointestinal lining. This will help reduce inflammation.
- Ward off any overgrowth of micro-organisms (if needed) by taking anti-microbial herbs, such as oregano, black walnut, garlic, and grapefruit seed extract.
- Support the growth of beneficial bacteria using fermented foods and probiotics along with food to help them thrive (prebiotics), such as arabinogalactans.
- Heal the lining of your intestines with supplements such as glutamine, glucosamine, essential fatty acids, slippery elm, and aloe.
- Work with a naturopathic doctor, like myself, to determine individualized digestive enzyme support.
Please reach out to me if you are interested. I carry professional, high quality supplements that will support each one of these areas and I offer personalized recommendations, based on your health history. I would be happy to give you specific guidelines to heal your gastrointestinal tract and improve gut function. If you would like to purchase any of the supplements listed here, simply place an order online.